Vacancies – Current Opportunities
Roaming Care Support Worker
Kirklees & Wakefield
Carers Trust Mid Yorkshire is a charity providing respite support to carers and the people they care for throughout Kirklees, Wakefield, Calderdale and South Leeds. Working in the community we support carers by providing a weekly break. We support people of all ages including children and adults and with a variety of needs from Physical Disabilities through to Palliative and End of Life Care.
A new opportunity has become available for Roaming Care Support Workers to support the organisation in covering client visits when regular staff are absent.
Working for a guaranteed 20 hours per week but with the flexibility to work up to full time as the organisation requires. Work will include some evening and weekend work.
- Full Driving Licence
- Access to a Vehicle for work which can be insured for Business use
- Availability to work Some Evening & Weekends
- Reliable with good time keeping
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to ongoing training
- Caring Nature
- Willingness to work with Adults and Children of all ages
What we Offer
- Competitive Rate of Pay
- Mileage paid
- Travel time between clients
- Comprehensive Induction Program
- Paid to attend all training, Supervisions & Team Meetings
Carers Trust Mid Yorkshire is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Carers Trust is committed to valuing Equality and Diversity.
If you do not hear from us within the next 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Carer Support Workers
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE CAR DRIVERS AND A LEVEL 2 CARE QUALIFICATION IS DESIRABLE.
Kirklees – OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
Wakefield – OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
Calderdale – NOT CURRENTLY RECRUITING
Are you working in a job frustrated because you cannot spend quality time with those that you care for, dashing around with barely a minute to spare? Then you need to consider a career with us. Spend quality time and develop relationships with the people you will be caring for and their carers, ‘relieve the anxiety and bring back the smiles.’
You must have a caring nature, be flexible and really want to make a difference to people’s lives.
- To provide personal and social care and support to people with disabilities and illnesses in their own homes or out in the community
- Part-time and Full-time
- Must be flexible to meet the needs of the families being supported
- Own transport essential
Attractive basic rates of pay, plus enhancements for evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Mileage allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Occupational sick pay
- Full training programme, up to and including Health and Social Care Diploma level 2 (depending on availability of funding)
- Opportunities to undertake higher qualifications (depending on availability of funding)
Area – Huddersfield Office
- To assist the Training Officer in the development and delivery of in house training
- Must have a training qualification
- Flexible times to suit your availability
Volunteer Website/Social Media Administrators
Area – Huddersfield Office/Home Working
- To support the maintenance and ongoing development of the website
- To support all social media development , including Facebook and Twitter
Volunteer Fundraising Assistants
Area – Calderdale/South Leeds/Kirklees/Wakefield
- To assist the fundraising committee to set up and host fundraising events
- To develop and be part of fundraising groups in various localities
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer then please contact the office in the first instance Tel. 01484 537036 or email. email@example.com
Become a Trustee
Carers Trust Mid Yorkshire is governed by a Board Of Trustees. Together, with their mix of business, professional, life skills and experience they volunteer their time to ensure the smooth, effective running of the organisation.
If you are interested in becoming a Trustee then please contact the office in the first instance.Tel. 01484 537036 or email. info@CTMY.org.uk